Friday 23 May 2014

Posted by Aggie on Friday 23 May 2014 No comments
So my brother picked me up from work the other day and when we were talking about what we're going to do on the weekend and what to buy at the grocery store, we somehow ended up at waffles.
Luckily, I was able to borrow my friend's waffle maker to satisfy our cravings.

This was the first time we made waffles at home and I wanted something very fluffy but crisp.
Looked up several recipes, made some adjustments and it was so yummy.


This base recipe makes 4 batches of the waffles in the waffle machine I used.


Buttermilk Waffle

Makes 8 Waffles, Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 10 mins

Ingredients

  • 124g flour (Because I have unbleached all purpose flour, I did a half and half mix between that and cake flour)
  • 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 16 g melted butter
  • 1 eggs (separated)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Mix the dry ingredients together.
  2. Separate the egg and add the yolk and vanilla into the buttermilk and mix.
  3. Whip the egg white to stiff peak.
  4. Add the dry ingredient to the buttermilk mixture and mix well.
  5. Fold in the egg whites using the whisk so you don't loose too much air.
  6. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter into the waffle iron.
  7. Follow waffle maker instruction and cook until it's golden brown
Tips: At first, I tried to pour the mixture into the waffle iron but I found that the batter either overflowed because I poured too much or there were holes because I couldn't spread it well enough at a fast rate.
Using the scoop allowed us to spread the batter better so it helped eliminate the holes.
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment