Tuesday 29 December 2015

Posted by Aggie on Tuesday 29 December 2015 No comments

I have 2 god daughter's whose birthday is around Christmas. One before and one after. So we always celebrate their birthday at the Christmas gathering.
This year, they requested a Snowman cake.

Luckily, I had some fondant left and I was able to make it.
It was actually pretty easy.
Cover the cake with white, color some of the fondant and roll it out for the hat.
The extra strip on the hat is optional.
Then use a knife to make the markings on the hat.

The most difficult part was making black fondant because black is hard to make from white.
I started off mixing in all the colors together to make the fondant darker. Then I added the black coloring. I find that has the best result. If you try for black right away, it'll turn grey because the fondant is white.

If I didn't have fondant, I would have used white chocolate ganache cream to cover the cake and color the cream and pipe the hat etc etc.

Happy decorating.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment