Monday 28 April 2014

Posted by Aggie on Monday 28 April 2014 No comments
Ah Spring. Time for new life, rain and allergies.
I am allergic to some pollen and dust. It hits me bad in the spring and fall.
I get stuffy nose and 10 years ago, there was no pill to address this.
They only had allergy pills to address runny nose, itchy eyes etc.

When they finally made pills that address stuffy nose as well, they were freaking huge and I hate pills :(
And I was so dependent on the pill it was horrible. If I miss taking it, I just suffered.
But since I hate pills, I avoided it and suffered for years.

So a couple years ago, my co-worker told me about neti pot. I looked it up, what it does sounds gross but I gave it a try and I was so happy I did.

Pills suppress the symptoms but never fixes it.
I found that the irrigation actually helps get rids of the symptoms rather then suppress it.
I found that over time, I actually didn't have to wash as much and still get by the day without really congesting.

However I still found the pot somewhat hard to use. When I'm super stuffed up, it just didn't work. The pot can be very frustrating and time consuming and it just turns me off from using it when that happens.
An other friend told me to try the squeeze bottle, but I was very skeptical about it. Finally when I had to get new pot, I decided to try the bottle and now I can say I'll never go back to the pot again.
The bottle is awesome. Maybe because you can control the water pressure and make it work even if it's super stuffed up, it's awesome.
I used it when I have a cold and for allergies to wash out bacteria and pollen/dust.

Please use boiled water and not water straight from tap. Apparently there are parasites in unboiled water that can potentially latch on to things inside your body (like your brain) when you do the wash so just to be safe, use boil water.
When i'm in maintenance mode, I don't have to wash twice a day. I can wash maybe once a day of every other day just to keep from getting a pollen and dust build up.
I'm also able to get away with half a packet of salt rather then a whole back when I'm in maintenance mode.

Yes it's a bit gross, but the relief you get is totally worth it. It's natural and actually helps solve the problem rather then just putting a band-aid on it.

Happy Spring :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment