Monday 11 April 2016

Posted by Aggie on Monday 11 April 2016 No comments

So I think Spring is finally going to start with the last of the snow coming down yesterday.
We're still going to get some pretty cold temperatures but at least we shouldn't get anymore snow.
So today, I went to put up my mini hoop tunnel.

Many different ways to do this.
Here are the things I used for my mini hoop tunnel
Stiff Plastic hoops
A large sheet of plastic that can be found at either your gardening store or your hardware store.
Spring clamps from Home Depot
Rocks and bricks I had lying around

I considered a lot of things to hold down the plastic. I honestly was going to use binder clips but then when I was reading the year round gardener, she mentioned how it all blew off so I decided against that since it's pretty windy where I live.

I started at one end, set up the side close to the fence first, and then moved along.
The clamps clamp on the plastic rather then the hoop itself so it does pull the plastic and make it a bit uneven. I did the best I can to even it out.
I used bigger clamps on the ends and smaller ones in the middle. With the additions of rocks I should hopefully have a stable system.

Below is a picture of the middle where I discovered if I place the clamp closer to the bottom it's easier on the plastic.

I will leave the garden alone for a week for the soil temperature to warm up before I try to direct sow anything in. I have also started seedlings indoors that will hopefully be ready for transplant in an other 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I hope the flowers that were growing here last year that I removed will start showing itself so I can start pulling before I plant my plants in so it's easier to identify.
I have a heck of a battle coming up because of those flowers....Hopefully I will be able to remove most of it this year....fingers crossed
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment