Saturday 9 April 2016

Posted by Aggie on Saturday 9 April 2016 No comments

This is a simple marinate I make when I feel like eating teriyaki. It's best to marinate the meat 24 hours for full flavour. This marinate is watery, if you want a thicker marinate you can substitute the sugar with honey or molasses.
When I want to cook with a thick teriyaki glaze I add corn starch to the recipe to thicken it up and make it sticky.
I'm also lazy so I tend to throw everything into my hand blender and blend it all together :)

Teriyaki Marinate

Ingredients

  • 30g (2 Tbsp soy) sauce
  • 118.5g (1/2 cup) water
  • 25g (2.5 tbsp) brown sugar
  • 3g ginger
  • 5g garlic

Directions

  1. Put all the ingredients together and blend
And really that's it. You can wait for the bubbles to un-foam before you use it if you want, I haven't noticed difference between when I wait and not wait. 

Tip: If you are using food saver bags, Freeze your marinate into a thin layer. When your meat is dried, put it into your food saver bag. Spread the frozen marinate around on the meat and vacuum seal with the food saver. Leave it in the fridge for the marinate to unfreeze and coat your meat nicely.
Let it marinate for several hours before you use it or put it into the freezer.
I found this is the easiest way to marinate using a small container with little marinate.
If you try to marinate in a box, you'll either have to flip and mix a lot or you'll just use more marinate so you can cover all the meat. 



Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment