Sunday 29 May 2016

Posted by Aggie on Sunday 29 May 2016 No comments
Here's the before and after picture of the part of the garden that wasn't under the net.
Before the rabbit got to it

After the rabbits got to it...1 night was all it took


The rabbits had a buffet...
It ate all the leaves and left the stem. I'm leaving it in in  hopes that it'll grow back, but at this point in time I really don't know what might happen. It was just transplanted so it's sensitive...and for the rabbit to eat all the leaves, it might be too much for the plant to handle.
Close up of the damage

Sigh, I'm so sad. I hope it'll grow back. I was so excited with so many seedlings, now I might not have anything :(

Since beans eventually will climb, I'm not sure what to do. I can't keep a netting over it forever. It was actually getting ready to climb soon so I need to get it out.
I have to figure out a way to block the rabbits from getting at it but still allow it to climb.
Any suggestions?
I have more pole beans planted and they're just starting to sprout. So it'll eventually get to this stage and I can't let the rabbit eat it too.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment